Saturday, July 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Mr. Bose! :)

As I say I am not a huge fan of celebrities barring two people. Coincidentally they are both called Rahul – Rahul Dravid and Rahul Bose. Today this post is dedicated to the latter. To YOU Mr. Bose!

It wasn't a crush or love at first sight. I can’t really pinpoint the first time I saw you (on screen of course), or your first movie that I watched. It was a gradual love affair! The thing that appealed to me most was your speaking skills – that voice, the command over the language, the pronunciation and the expressions. Oh what an articulate speaker you are! I remember those days when I would wait eagerly to watch you speak – be it at an interview or a social event. I would be so awestruck I could just watch you speak the whole day! I still can.

Then came the love for your movies, both mainstream and parallel cinema. One of the first movies to win you international critical acclaim was English, August (1994). It is more than a coincidence that this movie is based on my favourite book ever. That’s another thing that the movie continues to elude me. Don’t know if I will ever be able to lay my hands on it. Then followed so many others – Mr. and Mrs. Iyer, 15 Park Avenue, Before the Rains, Jhankaar Beats, Chameli, Pyaar ke Side Effects, Shaurya, The Japanese Wife, Midnight’s Children and many others. Jhankaar Beats is an all time favourite and it’s one movie I can watch from beginning to end numerous times. As an actor I love your expressions, your sense of humour, the ease with which you slip into a character and your acting of course. You are one of the most versatile actors in Bollywood today.

I like, adore, admire you not just because you are a good orator and actor but for your social activism too. I have seen you at various social events, raising your voice against issues, supporting various causes and so much more. You do it so earnestly. I love the person that you are. You personify handsome. You are the man of my dreams!

Today, as you turn 46, I wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You continue to inspire and motivate me and I will be your ardent fan for life. Wish you great success, good health, excellent movies and all that you may wish for.


No comments: