Monday, April 25, 2011

Naughty Nupur - Part II

There had to be a part two for this post as I wanted to write about some more things. These are basically some memories that Nupur and I have shared. It's not possible to write down all, but just some of them are mentioned here: The first one definitely has to be my birthday cake. We had just a week ago and I had mentioned that I was really crazy about my birthday. But that year, in 2009, there happened to be a strike on 11th and I was already feeling low about it. So on 10th August around 10 pm the door bell rang. It was the delivery boy from Victoria Junction. Poor guy! He had been roaming around with that cake for more than an hour. The reason – incorrect address! Instead of mentioning Silverline Hotel, you’d given the address as opposite Tourist Lodge, which happens to be in Kurseong. How on earth was he supposed to find it? He finally did, with a lot of asking around. Now I was curious who had sent it. The first one was from Appu, and I’d pretty much guessed this one was from you. I asked the delivery boy but he did not have much to tell me. Only he gave me that paper where you’d written down the address. Do you remember what happened the next day? We’d gone to Victoria in the evening and that guy sees us there and tells me “Cake inhone ne hi order kiya tha”.

Next up are our Saturday hangouts at CCD and of course the rain that accompanied every week. Well you mentioned in your comment in the earlier post that I had missed out on the rain. No sweetie. How could I have? It’s just that I had this idea of a next post and had saved it for here. So, what days they were! And what rain too! Every Saturday we used to meet and then it used to rain, and rain heavily. Remember how we once got stuck in Cosmos for a real long time. Then finally we left. We had no umbrellas and there was no luck in getting the autos. So we were just walking. We were so totally drenched. But what fun it was! That time it was a protocol that if we met up, it had to rain. We used to so look forward to it. But seriously those were fun days. All we would do is chat chat chat, and chat nonstop, about anything and everything. It’s so different now. We are always talking about serious stuff. We should do something like those days sometime soon. What say? No serious talks, no tension – just let loose and enjoy!

There are various other things – the morning walks, the coffes, the movies, the night stays, shopping, talking and so much more. Like I said it’s been good. I don’t remember of a time when we have had a disagreement, forget about a fight. Touchwood! No, but seriously, this is commendable. Guess we just have the same wavelength and get along well. And now that I see time running out, I want to make the most of the days that you are here. We should meet often now :)

10 comments:

Rakhi said...

Nupur, as I said, it started raining right after I posted this last night. And it has been raining since then :)
Rain is back, we definitely need to meet now :P

Anonymous said...

Wooaaahhh!!! Can't forget the cake incident!! I'm sure that day he must have cursed me.. :P but had real fun with you.. and yeah we need to get over all those serious thingies and should spend more time together!! Will make it happen soon!!!

Anonymous said...

True yaar!!!! Rain is back in our life!! You know what I just remembered that once you told me that people whom you disliked initially are now your close friends.. But I think it didnt happen with me.. so see I'm somebody with a difference!! hehe :P

Rakhi said...

:)
And please use a name instead of posting as "Anonymous" Select the name option instead :)

Rakhi said...

Yes, you were lucky in this sense. You did not get a taste of my indifference. On the contrary you have been the apple of my eye right since the first day :P

joyeemit said...

I am happy for you dear. You know to live your life .Life was so enjoyable with you. Love you.
Will be waiting for other posts from you.
I would like you to recapitulate all the incidents in your blogs…PCR van, Ur birthday celebration at 12:00 am with Nikhil. Hangover after the Vodka celebration on your farewell party ;) and many…

Nupur said...

Aaawww!!! Lucky me!! ;)

Rakhi said...

@Joyee
I know! we've had so much fun together. We can go on recounting the incidents but they will never end because EACH TIME we meet something DRAMATIC has to happen ;)

The PCR van incident does deserve a mention. And also THE HANGOVER. Shit we were so zonked, even next day in the office :P
The birthday celebrations were good and how can you forget that car incident outside A's home. It was so hilarious! Goodness see... I've begun here itself. Ok I'll write a post soon :)

Rakhi said...

@Nupur
Thanks God! Finally you're done with the Anonymous posts :)

Rakhi said...

@Nicky

It is so good to have you back. I so so so missed you...

Rains indeed do bring fond memories :)