Thursday, April 21, 2011

Just Like That :)

My friend Nupur had stayed over for the night a couple of days ago and I happened to mention my blog to her. She told me she had never seen it. That came as a surprise to me because we’ve been friends (good friends that too) for almost two years now and I usually share my blog link with close pals! So I asked her if she wanted to go through it. She readily agreed.

We both started reading. I was simultaneously updating her about the various incidents that were penned down there. We were both having a good time – me, recounting and re-living those memorable incidents and she listening to them with the usual sparkle in her eyes :)

Reading some posts, especially those about Nicky and Joyeeta, took us a good half an hour, or even more perhaps. And why not? They are two people which whom I’ve had a whole lot of fun and countless treasured moments. It was then that I realized two things. Firstly, my blog is mostly in the narrative form. It is either a recount of my experiences with various people or a record of situations/events. Perhaps this is why some friends compliment me for my writing style and suggest that I should try my hands at writing a novel. Secondly, and more importantly, my blog has no mention of this very dear friend, who was sitting right beside me at that time. Maybe it is because from the time I’ve known her, I’ve not maintained my blog. Thus there is no mention of her or our friendship. But whatever be the case, it was there at that moment, that I realized that my next post had to be about her. She has been an important part of my life for quite some time now and I would love to talk about our escapades and the friendship that we share. I had begun writing about Music, something again that is very dear to me, but that has been sidelined for the time being. So Nupur, you will soon have a post dedicated to you :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahha!!! super like it!!! :P Well you know a little bad in expressing but all I wanna say you are very close to me and three cheers to our friendship! :) Take care sweetie! God Bless! :)

Rakhi said...

Save "our friendship is special" and all for the post that's gonna be exclusively for you sweetie :P

And by the way, what's with this 'little bad in expressing'? You're a RJ and RJ's are paid to talk!! How can you not speak out ;)

Anonymous said...

Well that's the deal!!! When it comes to talk nonsense none can beat me but when its a matter of real business then I'm always at loss of words..

Rakhi said...

Hmm.. That I guess I have to agree with. You do talk a great deal of nonsense :P