Monday, January 6, 2014

I won't give up!

“It's always too soon to quit!” 
― Norman Vincent Peal

How true this is. We all know it. Yet, we at some point or the other GIVE UP! Sometimes without trying, sometimes after having strived but surely not hard enough because if we give it our all, then there is no giving up!

I am someone who does not believe in quitting. Yet unhappy and dissatisfied with certain things I almost gave up something. That too something so dear to me! This feeling of discontent had crept in earlier too but only mildly. I never let it overpower me but instead worked on it instantly. And that is how it should be. For there always are going to be problems. No road is ever rosy, nothing in life is easy. Thus one should always aim to look for solutions rather than being stuck with the problems. It’s a different story that most people indulge in the latter and create more problems than there already are. However I am glad I have overcome this stage and tend to have a more realistic and mature approach towards problems, significant or inconsequential.

Not this time though. This time it was different. I had almost made up my mind and left no room for a discussion even. Not that my decision was completely arbitrary, it did have its precedents. And so I refused to listen to even myself. I did not even think much, because that would mean re-thinking what I had already decided. So I took it as a closed chapter.

However something happened today and it dawned on me that I was not doing the right thing. I asked myself – Have I given it my best? Could I have done more? I did not have to wait for even a split second. The answer was always there, I knew it. As I said one can never have done enough and I for sure had not given it my all. Actual failure is when you stop trying and I was heading there.

But I am not going to do that. I am not a quitter. I do not give up, so how can I this time? It’s my dream and there’s no way I am going to quit. The following quote pretty much sums it up then:

“When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.”


No comments: