Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dreams!

Writing after quite sometime. Actually I have been writing but haven’t posted anything as most of it is incomplete, just random thoughts and views.

Nothing new has been happening lately. In fact it’s been almost the same routine for days, but no complaints. One good thing was that I did manage to read books and also watch a lot of movies last month. There were days when I watched four movies back to back. It was fun; an experience!

Anyway, the other day I asked my little sister who is in the sixth grade the same clichéd question all of us are asked over a dozen times in our childhood – What do you want to be when you grow up? Now seeing her sense of fashion and her interest for dance I was expecting something on those lines but her answer completely took me by surprise. She said nothing. On asking for an explanation she blurted out immediately, “Uffo, why do people keep asking this question. It really does not make any sense, does it? Di look at you. You are a grown-up but have you become something?”

She no doubt caught my off-guard with this statement, but true it was. Plus it came at a time most apt - when I am in a dilemma regarding my future. Yes I have been thinking about this for quite sometime now. I am confronted with choices but don’t know which one to pick, because I am so just uncertain about everything right now.

Chasing one’s dream is said to be very fulfilling. But I am unaware of what my dream really is. Follow your heart they say. But what does one do when one knows not what his/her heart wants.

And here I quote a few lines by a dear friend who completely relates to this feeling of mine:

What are my objectives? What am I supposed to make and ask of my life? What is that thing that I'm supposed to chase blindly, with all my strength, all my conviction, all my life, all my passion?

6 comments:

Rakhi said...

Are you online?

jj said...

IMHO if the realization just dawns on you one fine day, you should consider yourself very, very lucky. For most people its a gradual process of falling in love with what they are doing. The best pointer should be your interests, but you have to actually be doing something to decide if you like it or not.

Rakhi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rakhi said...

@Prachi
Well you know me sweetheart. I realise I need to head somewhere in life, but I wouldn't do it for anyone else or under the pressure that what is so and so going to say. Anyway kids these days are smart enough to know what they want.

Rakhi said...

@jj
Firstly, thanks for reading and then posting your comment :)

Indeed, lucky are those people who know what they want from life and then pursue it. Else we are all forced to love what are doing, like you said. We might not like it and crib at times, but at the end of the day most of us are left with no choice but to be content.

However, I chose to take the first step in an attempt to break free. Whether I tread back or find the answers to all those questions, is THE question!

Anonymous said...

welcome to life ;)
Good that you're at the crossroads somewhat early on...better now than any later. The question is what you find along the path you choose...that remains to be seen!