Sunday, November 30, 2008

NICKY

I have been pondering where to start writing from…there are so many things I want to write about. But it’s only apt that I first write about you and for YOU. You have always expressed your unconditional love for me through several testimonials, numerous mails, letters, on the phone… but there has always been a complaint that I don’t reciprocate. Just yesterday you were enquiring about the much delayed testimonial. So sweetie this is dedicated to you.

Prachi Joshi…Hmmm. Three years of knowing you. Its such an irony that I really hated you initially. Not your fault entirely. I had always been biased towards Delhites. But I swear girl I CANNOT forget the first day of the metro ride with you and Tin – that close to one hour time frame from BVB to Rajiv Chowk metro station (walking ) and then to Kashmere Gate. Throughout you guys kept talking about stuff I did not care to listen. The only thing or rather person on my mind was Archana. Why the hell did she need to find me company for the metro and introduce me to the both of you? There was no way I would get along with Delhi girls. Our worlds were totally different. I was better off alone. That was our first day of acquaintance. And how mistaken I was. Little did I know then that some day this same person would be my alter-ego!

As you have written in one of your previous entries –
…friendship grew from distant and too formal and often indifferent greetings to such an intense relationship of which depths are unfathomable…

Oh! How we used to wander on the streets of CP. No wonder we know CP so well. Till today people call up from the metro and ask which door to exit from for a particular spot or joint! Courtesy – our inside out study of the area. At times I think we were doing a research on CP for some project rather than studying PR! Most frequented hangouts – British Council Library (yes no kidding, the library was a hangout place for us), CCD, Janpath (Corn & Coffee, Junkets and rings), and your most favorite – public conveyance. In fact it soon became a routine. We would get off at Rajiv Chowk, take the Janpath exit and then head towards your destination. Only after that we used to decide the course of the day.

Your blog says it rightly – “we used to wander like gypsies in CP... as if we had been thrown out of our homes.”

There are countless memories of us but would love to mention a couple here…

  • The fight with Tina – Gosh! Rarely have I seen Tin so aggressive and RED! She just refused to listen that day. It seemed like hell was let loose but the best part is I still can’t recall what it was all about. Though I can still picture the three of us outside Shivaji Stadium. What a sight it was ;)
  • Bankrupt – Both of us were extravagant no doubt. But deliberately spending till we were left with nothing, absolutely nothing. We ate so much junk food that day and then both of us puked later. Thank God we did not have food poisoning. Thanks to the metro and our metro cards else we would sure need help getting back home!

Anyway that was CP and BVB. Times changed and we almost drifted apart. We were not in touch for almost a year. Seemed like it was the end. And end it was, but only of a chapter. There was a lot to explore yet! So far we had only shared fun times together. This time there was to be a different dimension; more patience, maturity, support and the much needed comfort of knowing that someone is present for you!

We shared a lot this time. Din meet up, no phone calls for a long period; despite this the bond only grew stronger. One incident I'm reminded of is the meeting with 'THE" Hemant Joshi. I had to meet him someday. And we did. Tina also managed to. And that was also fun :) Then my stay at ur place...and those guests of yours.. phew they scared the hell out of me! You really get such ideas man... mouse for pets! They must have given Ginni also a complex. My birthday this year was also fun. My bank balance ;) your cell beeping each time we made a payment. Had a long day and just when we thought it was over and time to go home, there was more in store. Im sure you enjoyed watching 'The Dark Knight'...
and the list goes on!

You have been through a lot in life. But I know you do have the strength to endure testing times. I am glad you’ve overcome most of them. And now you will soon start a new phase in your life. I want you to move ahead with a fresh mindset and leave behind all previous baggage (you know what I mean). You are a wonderful person who deserves a lot of happiness and pure bliss…and much more! And hey make sure you complete your Masters this year.

I do not say it often, but you are an important part of my life. It is just reassuring to know that you are there and I can fall back on you ANYTIME. I think I said it all when I said you are my alter-ego. Love ya loads!!

P.S. I need to give you a nick name too. Wait till I think of something apt soon!

3 comments:

Rakhi said...

Hey Tin says she cant recall the incident. And I don't remember what it was all about. Do you have any clue :)

Tina said...

Sweethearts I still cant recall..:) gosh i never had such bad memory... !!

Anyway watever it was.. we surely had an amazing time.. most memorable days of my life.. miss u guys ...

Rakhi said...

Agreed totally! And I never thought it would be so. Anyway I'll write a post on BVB soon :)